Ataxia Clinics are specialty clinics committed to providing specialized medical care for people affected with cerebellar ataxia. Clinics are devoted to the diagnosis, treatment and management of ataxias as well as prevention and management of complications affecting this group of patients. Patients with the many types of rare ataxias can benefit from multidisciplinary specialists, which often include genetic counselors, speech therapist, physical therapists and other specialists who are devoted to their care and treatment.
- University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Dr. Talene Yacoubian
- UCLA Ataxia Center
- Dr. Susan Perlman or Dr. Brent Fogel
- University of Colorado - Dr. Abigail Collins
To schedule an appointment to see Dr. Abigail Collins please call Holly Williams at 720-848-2132.
- USF Ataxia Research Center, Tampa FL
- Dr. Theresa Zesiewicz
- University of Florida Ataxia Center of Excellence, Gainesville, FL
- Dr. SH Subramony
- Emory Movement Disorders Center, Atlanta, Georgia
- Dr. George Wilmot
- University of Chicago Ataxia Center
- Dr. Christopher Gomez
- Johns Hopkins University Ataxia Center
- Dr. Liana Rosenthal & Dr. David S. Zee
- Massachusetts General Hospital Department of Neurology Ataxia Unit
- Dr. Jeremy Schmahmann, Dr. Vikram Khurana
- Ataxia Clinic, Division of Neurology at the University of Michigan Health System - Dr. Vikram Shakkottai
- Friedreich's Ataxia Clinic at Mayo Clinic
- Rochester, MN
- University of Minnesota Ataxia Center
- Dr. Khalaf Bushara
- Albany Medical College Department of Neurology Ataxia Clinic – A referral is required to schedule an appointment with Dr. Arnulf Koeppen who sees patients one day a month.
Phone: 518-262-0800. Fax: 518-264-0902
- University of Rochester Medical Center
Hereditary Ataxia Clinic
- Alex R. Paciorkowski, M.D., FACMG or
- Erika Augustine, M.D.