The following links are great resources for finding research studies that are looking for volunteer participants.
- CenterWatch: A national and international listing of clinical trials
- ClinicalTrials.gov: Provides updated information about federally and privately supported clinical research
- Clinical Research Consortium for the SCA's
- NIH: Research and scientific resources
- Rare Diseases Clinical Research Network: Provides information on clinical trials in Episodic Ataxia.
The following links will provide information about participating in a clinical trial.
- NIH Clinical Research Trials and You
- The Center for Information and Study on Clinical Research Participation (CISCRP)
- Association of Clinical Research Professionals
Association of Clinical Research Professionals
This article, in the January 2013 issue of Nature, describes the complexities of the process to initiate and complete a clinical trial for any disease.