- This event has passed.
VIRTUAL Toronto Ataxia Support Group Meeting
August 28, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 10:00 pm
Check out our speaker sessions on Aug. 28th. There are 5 timeslots. Speakers will be broadcast via Facebook Live so we can share the information with those unable to attend. At the end of the presentations, the recording will end and a question/answer session will occur for the remaining time.
- Timeslot #1 – 9AM EDT – Dineke Verbeek – SCA Researcher – She is a Rosalind Franklin Fellow and Associate professor at the University of Groningen in the Netherlands. Her research focuses on the genetics and biological mechanisms of movements disorders, especially the spinocerebellar ataxias. She is known for identifying two SCA types (SCA 19 and SCA 23). Click here to register to learn about current research being done in the field of SCA!!
- Timeslot #2 – 12PM EDT – Janet Edmundson – Author – She is the president of JME Insight, a trainer, a motivational speaker , a writer and a health promotion professional who is dedicated to using her life experiences as a caregiver for her husband fighting a degenerative neurological disease. Prepare to be inspired! Click here to register !!
- Timeslot #3 – 3PM EDT – Dr. Iris Kulbatski – Director, Wheel Dance – She is the founder and Executive Director of WHEEL DANCE. She holds a PhD in Medical Science, with a specialization in spinal cord regeneration. WHEEL DANCE is a federally incorporated Canadian non-profit that provides subsidized social and competitive wheelchair ballroom and Latin dance classes to wheelchair users and their friends, family, and community members. Click here to register how to make Latin and Ballroom dance accessible for all!!
- Timeslot #4 – 6PM EDT – B.L. Wylie – Skate Therapy Director – She is the Program Director and founder of Skate Therapy. She is a retired figure skating coach who has worked with competitive skaters and founded Skate Therapy in 2011 which focuses on providing an on-ice experience for individuals with disabilities. Click here to register for skate therapy for all ability levels!!
- Timeslot #5 – 9PM EDT – Gavin Mogan – Parkinson’s advocate, trainer – He has lived with Parkinson’s for 11 years and finds exercise and a positive attitude essential to maintaining a good quality of life. He is also a certified personal trainer in Richardson, Texas, offering personal and group training, with a particular focus on helping others battling Parkinson’s or other health issues. Click here to register for a session with someone who lives and thrives with Parkinson’s !!