The following is a list of valuable ataxia related resources and information from other organizations. Clicking an item in the Index (below) takes you to links related to that heading:
- Accessible Living & Workplace
- Accessible Travel
- Assistive Technology
- Disability Issues
- Employment & Education
- Financial Planning
- Medical Information
- Physical Therapy/Exercise
- Service Dogs
- Sibling Resources
- Spanish Resources
- Stem Cell Information
- Travel Assistance for Medical/Research Purposes
Accessible Living & Workplace
- The Equal Rights Center Discrimination Complaint Form
- Independent Living and Community Participation from the National Rehabilitation Information Center
- Independent Living Research Utilization: Provides expertise in Centers for Independent Living, ADA, Home and Community Based Services and Disability and Health issues.
- Tetra Society of North America
- Aviation Consumer Protection - Passengers with Disabilities
- The Society for Accessible Travel & Hospitality (SATH), raising awareness of the needs of travelers with disabilities.
- Special Needs at Sea
- Splore: Accessible Outdoor Adventures
- TSA Cares: helpline number designed to assist travelers with disabilities and medical conditions
- Wilderness Inquiry-Custom Group Adventures
- ABLEDATA: Information on assistive Technology
- CameraMouse: Allows a computer user to move the cursor with their eye movements
- Create avatars using text-to-speech
- NRRTS: For consumers to identify qualified suppliers of high-quality rehabilitation technology to people with physical disabilities.
- Pass It On Center - A national Assistive Technology Reuse Center
- Benefits For Children With Disabilities
- Benefits For People With Disabilities
- Faces And Facts Of Disability
- Employment Guidelines For Persons With Disabilities
- The Equal Rights Center: advancing the rights of people with disabilities
- Genetic Information Non-Discrimination Act
- How To Apply For Disability Benefits
- Information and technical assistance on the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Interagency Committee on Disability Research
- National Dissemination Center for Children with Disabilities
- Social Security Compassionate Allowance Information
- Your Path to Government Benefits
Employment & Education
- A Guide to the Individualized Education Program
- Ability Links
- America’s Job Exchange
- Emerging Leaders summer Internship Program for College Students with Disabilities
- Incight’s Mission: To educate and employ people with disabilities
- Job Access
- Unites States Department of Labor
- What are Public Schools Reqired to Do When Students with Disabilities are Bullied?
- Disabled and Alone: A non-profit organization established to help families provide a secure future for their loved ones with a disability.
- Possibilities: A Financial Resource for Parent of Children with Disabilities
- Protected Tomorrows
- American Academy of Neurology Position Statement: Use of Medical Marijuana for Neurologic Disorders
- Medsite: Medical Search Engine
- NCBI Pub Med: Online search of medical literature (Pub. Med)
- Palliative care: Specialized medical care for people with serious illnesses
- Source for Reliable Health Information from the Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion
- Web MD: Medical Reference
- Adaptive Skiing Resource Guide
- Disabled Sports USA
- National Center on Health, Physical Activity and Disability (NCHPAD)
- Physical Therapy Brings Motion to Life by APTA
- Professional Association of Therapeutic Horsemanship International (PATH Intl.)
- USA Today: "Doctors get patients to go to 'Wiihab'
- Wheelchair Yoga Presentation by Ralph Miller
- 4 Paws for Ability
- Assistance Dogs International: is a coalition of not for profit organizations that train and place Assistance Dogs
- The Assistance Dog United Campaign (ADUC) provides financial assistance to those needing an assistance dog.
- Canine Companions: a national nonprofit that enhances the lives of people with disabilities by providing highly-trained assistance dogs
- Canine Partners for Life
- Service Dog Project, Inc.
- TOP DOG: a non-profit organization which teaches people with a physical disability to train their own dogs to help them.
- Sibling Leadership Network: providing support for siblings of individuals with disabilities
- Sibling Support Project
- University of Michigan Health System - Siblings of Kids with Special Needs
- El Centro para la Investigación y Rehabilitación de las Ataxias Hereditarias (CIRAH)
- El Instituto Nacional de Investigación del Genoma Humano (NHGRI) ha creado el Glosario Hablado de Términos Genéticos para ayudar a entender los términos y conceptos utilizados en la investigación genética.
- Los Hechos Acerca de la Ataxia de Friedreich La Asociación de la Distrofia Muscular
- Office of Rare Diseases Research
- Para Entender Sus Genes: Una Guía al Asesoramiento Genético
- Seguro Social El sitio de Internet oficial de la Administración del Seguro Social de los EE. UU.
Stem Cell Information
- A Closer Look at Stem Cell Treatments
- FDA: Consumer Information on Stem Cells
- International Society for Stem Cell Research
- NAF’s Statement on Stem Cell Research and Therapy
- NIH Resource for Stem Cell Research
- Patient Handbook on Stem Cell Therapies
- U of Utah - Genetic Science Learning Center