NAF hosts educational webinars about Ataxia presented by industry experts. Learn about important topics related to living with Ataxia. Webinars are complimentary for NAF members. Join NAF to receive notices about upcoming Ataxia webinars.
Browse the topics below to view a past webinar. Check back at a later date for new webinars.
Recently Featured PrepRARE Webinars
PrepRARE: MERA Study for BIIB132 – A First in Human Clinical Trial for SCA3
Dr. Chuang, a a Medical Director in Early Clinical Development in the PD/Movement Disorders Neurodegeneration Unit at Biogen, discussed the SCA3 ASO (anti-sense oligonucleotide) study that is currently recruiting, review important aspects of Biogen’s clinical trial, and discuss how the drug will be studied for Ataxia.
An Intro to Drug Development for Ataxias
The process for developing new treatments for any disease is long and complicated. This webinar will break down the process that every potential new therapy must go through from early lab testing through clinical trials and finally FDA approval before it is available to all affected individuals. Updates on progress towards effective therapies for multiple forms of genetic and Sporadic Ataxia will also be presented, along with information on how patients and their families can become partners in this process.
Recently Featured Ataxia Webinars
Everyday Items for Accessible Living: Presented by Day Undefined
Day Undefined is an online marketplace that takes a fresh approach to adaptive products. They assess everyday household products and home technologies that might be helpful for individuals with physical disabilities based on real insights and experiences from the disability community. Join co-founders Liam Dougherty and Kate Leader to learn about some products that might be helpful to those affected by Ataxia.
Chair Yoga & Mobility for People Affected by Ataxia
Join Natalie Marnica from SMYoga as she guides you through various movements, mobility exercises, and conscious breathing to maintain mobility and improve mental health. It is accessible for people in chairs and wheelchairs. No previous experience is necessary to attend.
Recently Featured Ask the Expert Webinars
All Past Webinars
- PrepRARE: An Intro to Drug Development for the Ataxias – Dr. Lauren Moore
- Ask the Expert – June Session – Dr. Susan Perlman
- Chair Yoga and Mobility – June Session – Natalie Marnica
- Everyday Items for Accessible Living: Day Undefined – Liam Dougherty and Kate Leader (View PowerPoint)
- PrepRARE: MERA Study for BIIB132 – A first in human clinical trial for SCA3 – Dr. Rosalind Chuang
- PrepRARE: An Intro to NAF’s Chief Scientific Officer – Lauren Moore, PhD
- Chair Yoga for People Affected by Ataxia – December Session – Natalie Marnica
- ABLE Act – Kelly Piacenti, MA, CHSNC, Head of MassMutual SpecialCare and Jerry Hulick, CLU, ChFC, ChSNC, CLTC
- Chair Yoga for People Affected by Ataxia – October Session – Natalie Marnica
- Chair Yoga for People Affected by Ataxia – Natalie Marnica
- Why Participate in Ataxia Research: Thoughts from the READISCA Study – Tetsuo Ashizawa, MD, FAAN, Gülin Öz, PhD, and Henry Paulson, MD, PhD
- Occupational Therapy Strategies for Improving Daily Living Independence – Jessica Wilchinski, OTR/L and Marlena Barbera, OTR/L, CLT
- The Voices of People with Ataxia: An Introduction to Patient Focused Drug Development – James E. Valentine, J.D., M.H.S., and Larry Bauer
- Hill Day Advocacy Webinar – NAF and FARA
- Pharmaceutical Industry Panel – George (Chip) Wilmot, MD, PhD, Melissa Beiner, MD, and Michael Curtis, PhD
- Adaptive Recreation – Linda Snider, Chelsea Elder, Michael Cammer, and David Thomson
- 10 Basic Financial Steps for Special Needs Caregivers – Kelly Piacenti and Jerry Hulick, CLU, ChFC, ChSNC, CLTC
- Living Well with Ataxia: A Palliative Care Approach – Christina Vaughan, MD, MHS
- Strategies for Home Management of Speech, Swallowing, and Cognitive Deficits – Amanda Gallagher, MA, CCC-SLP
- Clinical Care for Ataxia – Abigail Collins, MD, Trevor Hawkins, MD, and Lauren Seeberger, MD
- Living and Coping with Ataxia – Theresa Chase, ND, MA, RN, Charlotte DePew, Destinee Juarez, and Deserae Anderson
- COVID-19 and Ataxia – Pravin Khemani, MD, FAAN and Jeremy D. Schmahmann, MD, FAAN, FANA, FANPA
- Genetic Testing – Emily Todd, MS, CGC
- Mobility & Exercise: Strategies to Keep Moving While “Sheltering in Place” – Jennifer Millar, MSPT and Jennifer Keller, PT, MS
- A Wholehearted Life: One Step at at Time – Theresa Chase, ND, MA, RN
- Patients as Research Collaborators – Dr. Pravin Khemani, David Brunnert, Sandy Read, and Julie Geye
- Drug Development: Ataxia Drug Discovery Pipeline – Dr. Susan Perlman and Dr. Vikram Shakkottai
- Ataxia Research Comes Full Circle – Dr. Harry Orr
- Your Voice in Drug and Therapy Development – Dr. Jeremy Schmahmann
- Clinical Trials in Ataxia: Hope, Opportunity, and Caveats – Dr. Vikram Shakkottai, Laura Ruggiero, and Ken Jones
- Dietary Considerations in Ataxia – Dr. Susan Perlman
- Diagnosis and Management of Pediatric Ataxia – Dr. Kristin Barañano and Dr. Eric Chin