NAF is hiring a full time Accountant. This person will be responsible for for all core accounting functions including: A/P and A/R, payroll, maintaining the general ledger, journal entries, reconciliations, and assisting with the month-end close.
Our staff has the option of working remotely, with quarterly in-person collaboration days. This position will work in the office ½ day per week to pick up mail and process check deposits. They must also have reliable internet service at home for frequent Zoom meetings and use of cloud software. As the organization grows, there is room for this role to expand.
View the full list of qualifications and responsibilities on the Accountant Position Profile.
Please share this with anyone you know that might be interested!
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Healthcare flexible spending accounts, FSA or HSA
- Employer-paid basic term life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Paid parental leave program
- Sick Leave, earn up to one day per month
- Vacation, 15 days per year (20 days after 5 years of service)
- 8 paid holidays plus annual office closure between Christmas and New Year’s
- 401k with employer 5% match
Position Type: Full time, Exempt
$60,000 – $70,000
Education and Experience
The successful candidate will have a minimum of two years of accounting experience. Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or relevant employment experience is required.
Special Skills or Knowledge
Proficient experience with Microsoft Office Suite and accounting software (NAF uses Quickbooks Online) is required. Must be skilled in Excel and have a strong aptitude for learning new software applications quickly. The ability to handle multiple tasks with attention to detail and accuracy is essential to this role.
Accounting and Finance
- Perform daily accounting for donations and all other revenues.
- Prepare invoices as requested.
- Record accounts payable and pay bills once necessary approvals are made.
- Reconcile bank and credit card transactions daily into QBO.
- Prepare payroll and other monthly journal entries.
- Reconcile all balance sheets accounts for month-end close process.
- Provide support for annual audit and other accounting and finance projects.
- Request W9 forms for new vendors; prepare and issue 1099 forms annually.
- Collect NAF mail at Golden Valley post office at least once a week.
- Open mail, scan and distribute to appropriate NAF staff.
- Electronically deposit checks.
Human Resources and Payroll
- Maintain confidentiality with all personnel records in compliance with state and federal laws.
- Input semi-monthly payroll for review.
- There will be occasional travel, primarily related to our annual patient conference and possibly other research-related conferences.